My Blog List

Sunday 19 February 2012

Why bother measuring social media?

Yahoo Pipes is a service that simplifies the idea of a mashupproviding a drag and drop editor that allows you to connect internet data sources, process them, and redirect the output. It’s a great tool that lets you collect and remix content from anywhere online. Its appealing design makes it fairly easy to use. You can use it in innumerable ways — for example, to track Twitter for mentions of your brand, to monitor multiple feeds or to alert you when feed activity meets a certain activity threshold. 


Wildfire an outlet that’s centered around making engaging promotions and incentives on social sites tracking and comparing how brands are functioning on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. It encourages everyone from bloggers to businesses to create personalized, interactive campaigns that include contests and giveaways to surveys. It allows them to publish them on their websites and multiple social media platforms. It’s useful in being able to identify and organize your clients’ interests, providing an interactive way to communicate with them and manage emerging trends.



Addict-o-matic provides an analysis of a brand's impact across the social web. It provides initial insights of who is talking about your brand on Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and a number of other news sites and search engines. It then processes and aggregates all that information, and displays it as a single web page. This tool is useful in providing value for social media plans because you can’t be monitoring everywhere simultaneously. Addict-o-matic easily enables you to find out who is saying what and from where. It also enhances your strategy by letting you do keyword searches.

Sprout Social starts with a 30-day free trial and gives users the option of choosing a paid plan for a very affordable rate. This service offers communication tools in addition to analytics, reporting and views of what your competitors are doing. This tool can provide value for measuring a social media plan because it provides an analysis on trending metrics. It’s important to notice how they’ve increased or decreased over time to understand how your tactics are affecting them. Sprout Social allows for clear communication so you can easily reply to queries, comments or concerns.





8 comments:

  1. Tools which measure social media will have a great impact at providing substance to a public relations practitioner's job. On a monthly basis I am asked to summarize my work on social media and its benefits to the company and each time I feel my results are underrated and difficult to clearly understand. Measuring social media will give companies a better idea of how they are doing and what they should be doing in the case of "sproutsocial," which compares you to your competitors. I am very excited to try some of these out and see which best suits my company. Thanks Kim, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo Pipes looks intriguing. Loved the blog tips as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dino I completely agree that Yahoo Pipes looks intriguing! I like that you can customize your "canvas" and share any pipes that you create with others.

    Great post Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kim, I like how wildfire allows you to communicate with your clients in an interactive way. It is important to both listen and respond to your clients, which increases trust and confidence in a brand/product. I think communication is key, and this tool allows for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having played with Yahoo Pipes before I really like how you explained it! It is a handy tool and works very well.
    I am going to have a look into SproutSocial as it looks pretty intriguing and up until 15 seconds ago I had never heard of it!

    Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kim! Sprout Social stood out to me. I liked that it lets you easily reply to queries, comments or concerns. It's great to measure and analyze the impact of a social media campaign but it's even better to guide and redirect it through easy engagement when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim! Sprout Social also sounds really interesting to me. I like that it seems user friendly and is easy to access all of the information needed. I also like the idea that it analyzes trending metrics. I think this is something that would be very helpful for an organization have so they can ensure they are revising strategies to ensure the greatest success. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim,

    I like Addict-o-matic... it was simple to use and gave me the right information (for my uses). I also agree with the previous comments on Sprout Social.. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete